How can you attract new customers and generate new revenue streams?
Western Union touches people around the world with approximately 515,000 agent locations1 in more than 200 countries and territories. We're becoming an integral part of the fabric of local communities everywhere. Hundreds of millions of people currently live outside their home countries and use our money transfer services to remain connected to their families and friends.
There has never been a greater demand for our services. In 2011, and despite global economic challenges, Western Union handled on average 1,000,000 transactions a day and delivered its highest revenue growth rate since 2008, generating $5.5 billion. According to the World Bank,2 remittance flows to developing countries are expected to grow at a rate of 7 - 8% annually to reach US $467 billion by 2014. Western Union is a market leader in cash-to-cash and account-to-cash remittances, with a 17% global market share.3
We're committed to bringing our service to every corner of the world. Thanks to our strong brand, our enduring agent relationships, and an innovative product range, we've been able to serve our consumers for more than 160 years while positioning Western Union for future growth.
Become a Western Union agent and join our agent network in delivering best-in-class service to our international consumer base. Offering Western Union money transfer will give your business the opportunity to increase its bottom-line revenue while strengthening your competitive position.
Become Western Union agent
1 Agent location count valid as of 31 March 2013.
2 Migration and Development Brief 18, 23 April 2012.
3 The data used to compute market share may not include all services that compete with Western Union, such as mail or courier services, prepaid or travel cards, ATM transfers and other services.
The Western Union value proposition
- Generate revenue through a commission earned on every transaction, sent or received, from your retail location(s).
- Attract new customers by offering Western Union money transfer services.
- Increase your footfall and revenues by leveraging cross-selling opportunities.
- Enhance your customer relationships by offering them more convenience.
- Strengthen your competitive position.
- No investment or annual fees involved; all you need is a computer, an internet connection and depending on your country, a printer.
- Get a free marketing and sales starter packs for your retail location(s).
- Receive, free of charge, training and money transfer software updates.
- Take advantage of 24-hour customer service support.
- Benefit from best-in-class compliance program.